Reminders of His Return - II Peter 1:12-21
- Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.
- Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;
- Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
- Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
- For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
- For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
- And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
- We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
- Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
- For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.